Your pet's home away from home.
Located in Johnston, Village Veterinary Hospital offers pet boarding for cats and dogs so you can enjoy peace of mind while you're away.
At Village Veterinary Hospital, we know the importance of finding the perfect boarding facility. We are dedicated to making your pet's vacation as comfortable and satisfying as possible and we promise to take care of your furry friend as if they were our own.
Our boarders enjoy these amenities during their stay:
- Clean, spacious cages and runs
- Outdoor leash walks
- A comfortable atmosphere
- Fresh bedding and daily housekeeping
- Individualized care
- Daily observations
- Veterinary medical care (if needed)
To make your pet's stay as comfortable as possible, feel free to send them with their favorite treats or bedding.
Our Boarding Requirements
Our boarding requirement are as follows:
- Dogs must be current their Distemper, Rabies, Leptospirosis Bordetella, Canine Influenza, and parvovirus vaccines.
- Cats must be current on their distemper (FVRCP) and rabies vaccines.
- All boarders must provide proof that they are free from parasites – internal or external.
- If you are not a current client with us, we require an exam to be performed at least 10 days prior to your pets stay.
- If your pet is taking medications, they must be brought in their original containers and given as directed on the label.
- Food must be pre-packaged in the appropriate amount for each day with specific instructions on when and how to feed.
- We cannot promise that items will not get lost or damaged.
- Please leave large pet bed and blankets at home as we'll provide comfortable bedding for your pet.
- You may drop off your pet no later than 45 minutes prior to our closing time that day.
- Sunday pick up is available for boarders between 4 pm & 4:30 pm. Boarding charges will need to be prepaid when your animal is dropped off for boarding. Kennel staff are not allowed to release your pet unless Sunday pick-up has been pre-paid.
For complete deatils about boarding your pet at Village Veterinary Hospital, please review our 2022 Boarding Policies Form.